Download Sydney 2019 will take place at Parramatta Park.
As a “people’s park”, Parramatta Park is 160 years old and holds great cultural and historical significance. The Park is now home to many events and festivals throughout the year and is easily accessible from Sydney’s CBD by car, train or bus. It is located on the western edge of the Parramatta CBD and is an easy walk from Parramatta and Westmead railway stations or the Rivercat terminal
- Be Nice
We don’t accept any discrimination towards any individual or groups of individuals.
Irrespective of the background of the individual, be that gender, race, disability, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are proud of the diverse nature of our festivals and their customers, if you see or experience anyone undermining this – no matter the severity – please report it immediately to one of our onsite staff.
• Look after yourself, don’t overdo it, and look out for others.
• Take care, especially at night. Strong shoes for walking are a good idea.
• Decide on a meeting point with your friends. Choose a time and place to meet up later in case you get separated from each other.
• Give any passing security or emergency vehicles plenty of space to pass and don’t ride on vehicles.
• Look after yourself, keep hydrated and make sure you know where the drinking water is located.
• Prepare for the weather, bring sunscreen but don’t forget your waterproofs too.
• Pre-plan a time and place to meet with your friends in case you get separated and lose one another.
• Drink responsibly, know your limits and pace yourself.
• Keep your phone charged in case you’re separated from your friends.
• The Welfare Tent is open 24 hours and is staffed by experienced and supportive people. They can provide confidential advice about drugs, alcohol, legal highs and sexual health, and offer support if you need to talk. They offer a monitored rest and recovery area if you’ve overdone it. Please go to the Welfare Tent if you experience any problems or need to talk to someone for any reason.
• Those with chronic conditions such as epilepsy, asthma and diabetes should bring all their usual medications to cover the festival period, and to be aware they may require hospital treatment if they don’t take it.
Parramatta Park is a short walk from both Parramatta and Westmead train stations. Refer to Transport NSW to plan your trip.
The Parramatta bus terminal is located next to the Parramatta train station in Darcy and Argyle Streets. Refer to Transport NSW to plan your trip.
The Parramatta Shuttle Bus is a free transport solution that connects tourists, residents and commuters to the commercial, retail and recreational landmarks of the city. It runs every 10 minutes, seven days a week.
The bus operates on a continuous loop around the city centre, with three stops near Parramatta Park. For Download we recommend Stop 4 (O'Connell Street) - ideal for the Crescent event space
Parramatta Park is a short walk from the Charles Street wharf along pleasant riverside walking paths. Refer to Transport NSW to plan your trip.
- 18+ Only
Download Festival IS STRICTLY AN 18+ EVENT. NO CHILDREN UNDER 18 ARE ALLOWED, NO EXCEPTIONS. VALID PHOTO ID REQUIRED TO ENTER THE EVENT, PURCHASE AND/OR CONSUME ALCOHOL.
- Box Office
Stay tuned for information on Box Office Location and Hours.
Check out all ticketing info here.
- Entering the Festival
Please review the ALLOWED & BANNED list for a stress-free entry process.
All bags will be searched before entry.
At any time during the entry process if you have questions, ask for assistance from Festival Staff located at the front gates
On arrival at Download, please have your Ticket and acceptable ID ready to be checked. You can either print your PDF ticket or display it on your phone.
Below is a list of the acceptable Adult (18+) ID required to enter the festival;
- A driver's or rider's licence or permit (issued by an Australian State or Territory or any foreign
- Australian passport or a foreign passport issued by another
- NSW / VIC photo card (issued by Roads and Maritime Services NSW / VIC Roads)
- Proof of age card issued by a public authority of the Commonwealth or of another State or Territory for the purpose of attesting to a person's identity and age
- Keypass (over 18) identity card issued by Australia Post.
- Companion Card Policy
Holders of a National or State issued Companion card may request a companion ticket equivalent to the ticket type held by the Companion Card holder. Upon approval of request, Download Festival will issue companions a complimentary ticket to the event to accompany a person with disability.
To request a Companion Card ticket, please email [email protected] including the following details:
- Confirmation email from ticketing agent with proof of valid ticket to the event
- Scan of valid Companion Card
- Name of Companion
- Email address of Companion
Service Animals and other animals that provide assistance to patrons with disabilities are allowed at this event.
If you have any enquiries regarding disabled access and facilities at the festival, please contact [email protected]
- Lost & Found Policy
Any lost property handed in over the festival will be held for 28 days after the event in our lost property department.
Any lost property not claimed by its rightful owner after 28 days will be disposed of in the following manner:
- Valuables (e.g. Identification, licences, credit cards) will be handed to the local Police Station
- Clothing, and any other reusable non-valuable items in good order will be donated to local charities.
All other items will be disposed of or destroyed.
- Market & Food Stalls
If you are interested in having a market stall at Download please email [email protected] & one of the team will get back to you with any interest.
- Allowed and Banned Items
At Download Festival, common sense applies. This includes the requirement to ban some specific items so we can ensure general safety and punter comfort. The list is also in place to make sure we’re following the letter of the law. Here is a list of what you CAN & CAN’T bring into the festival.
- Backpacks (maximum bag size permitted is 30cm x 20cm)
- Small cameras
- Sunscreen will be available around the festival.
- Selfie sticks
- Milk crates
- Weapons of any kind
- Laser lights
- Water pistols
- Protest Paraphernalia incl. banners
- BYO alcohol from home
- Bags or backpacks larger than 30cm x 20cm
- No steel capped boots
- No studded belts
- No food. Exceptions will be made to people with allergies & medical conditions.
- Aerosol containers (including sunscreen and personal beauty products)
- Professional cameras or recording devices
- GoPro cameras
- Drones or any other remote flying device
- Totems, Flags, Banners
- Coolers of any kind (exceptions may be made for medical use)
- Glass and metal containers of any kind
- Fireworks, flares & sparklers (all strictly monitored)
- Illegal and Illicit substances of any kind
- Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Umbrellas (use raincoat, poncho instead)
- Radios or walkie-talkies
- Pets. This does not include Service Animals or other animals that provide assistance to patrons with disabilities.
- Skateboards, scooters and bicycles inside the festival
- Tents, canopies, or shade structures of any kind
- Unauthorized/unlicensed vendors are not allowed. No unauthorized solicitation and materials including handbills, flyers, stickers, beach balls, give-aways, samples, etc.
- No Chairs of any kind
- No Inflatable furniture (rafts, chairs, etc.)
Empty plastic/reusable water bottles may be brought into the Venue for refilling from water stations. NO metal, glass or aluminium bottles will be allowed.
- Safety & Medical
Your safety is our first priority and we make every effort to create a friendly and secure environment on the festival grounds.
If you or anyone around you require first aid or assistance, please either make your way to a first aid tent, speak to the nearest security guard who will be able to make radio contact with the medical team, or call the Patron Safety Hotline.
OPTUS PERKS PRESALE Exclusive pre-sale for Optus customers, thanks to Optus Perks from 9am Friday September 21 until 11.59pm Friday September 21. For more information on how to purchase, visit optusperks.com.au or download the My Optus App today.
- Contact Us
We are ready before, during, and after the festival to answer any questions you may have. Please be patient - we receive a large number of enquiries and will endeavour to answer your questions as soon as we can.
For all questions relating to ticket purchases, delivery, payment etc. please email Ticketmaster at [email protected] or call 136 100.
If you are interested in volunteering at Download please email [email protected]
For General enquiries please email [email protected]