- Venue, Dates & Hours
Download Melbourne 2019 will take place at Flemington Racecourse.
Monday 11 March 2019 (it’s a public holiday) at Flemington Racecourse. Gates open at 11.00am with music commencing at midday and going through until 10.00pm.
Flemington is the home of Australia’s largest sporting and entertainment event – The Melbourne Cup Carnival. Flemington has hosted some of the largest one day music Festivals to hit Australia including Soundwave, Big Day Out and Future Music Festival. Flemington is only six kilometres from Melbourne’s CBD and is easily accessible by car, taxi, train or tram.
- Event Map
- DOWNLOAD THE EVENT MAP (2.1 MB PDF)
- Be Nice
We don’t accept any discrimination towards any individual or groups of individuals.
Irrespective of the background of the individual, be that gender, race, disability, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are proud of the diverse nature of our festivals and their customers, if you see or experience anyone undermining this – no matter the severity – please report it immediately to one of our onsite staff.
• Look after yourself, don’t overdo it, and look out for others.
• Take care, especially at night. Strong shoes for walking are a good idea.
• Decide on a meeting point with your friends. Choose a time and place to meet up later in case you get separated from each other.
• Give any passing security or emergency vehicles plenty of space to pass and don’t ride on vehicles.
• Look after yourself, keep hydrated and make sure you know where the drinking water is located.
• Prepare for the weather, bring sunscreen but don’t forget your waterproofs too.
• Pre-plan a time and place to meet with your friends in case you get separated and lose one another.
• Drink responsibly, know your limits and pace yourself.
• Keep your phone charged in case you’re separated from your friends.
• Those with chronic conditions such as epilepsy, asthma and diabetes should bring all their usual medications to cover the festival period, and to be aware they may require hospital treatment if they don’t take it.
We highly encourage catching public transport to Download Festival.
Flemington Racecourse and Showgrounds stations:
Trains run throughout the day, departing from Flinders Street Station, stopping at Southern Cross and North Melbourne Stations before arriving at Flemington Racecourse railway station.
Travel time is approximately 15 minutes.
Below is the timetable of additional trains being serviced for Download Festival:
Trains run to Ascot Vale and Newmarket stations. Connect with a tram or bus to the racecourse and showgrounds. It’s about a 500m walk from the station to Epsom Road.
The No. 57 tram runs from the corner of Elizabeth Street and Flinders Street directly to the Flemington Racecourse main gates on Epsom Rd. It’s about a 500m walk to Epsom Rd gate.
Travel time is approximately 30 minutes from the Melbourne CBD.
The following bus routes travel close to the Racecourse (via Epsom Rd gates):
Route 404 (Footscray – Moonee Ponds via Newmarket)
Route 472 (Williamstown – Moonee Ponds
Services will operate to a normal weekend timetable.
Limited car parking is available at Flemington Racecourse. The car park is located on Leonard Crescent. Parking is $20 per vehicle and is on a first come, first served basis.
If you are catching Uber or similar rideshare car, your best entrance is via Epsom Road gate
- 18+ Only
Download Festival IS STRICTLY AN 18+ EVENT. NO CHILDREN UNDER 18 ARE ALLOWED, NO EXCEPTIONS. VALID PHOTO ID REQUIRED TO ENTER THE EVENT, PURCHASE AND/OR CONSUME ALCOHOL.
Below is a list of the acceptable Adult (18+) ID required to enter the festival;
- A driver's or rider's licence or permit (issued by an Australian State or Territory or any foreign country)
- Australian passport or a foreign passport issued by another country
- NSW / VIC photo card (issued by Roads and Maritime Services NSW / VIC Roads)
- Proof of age card issued by a public authority of the Commonwealth or of another State or Territory for the purpose of attesting to a person's identity and age
- Keypass (over 18) identity card issued by Australia Post
- Entering the Festival
Please review the ALLOWED & BANNED list for a stress-free entry process.
For your safety bag searches and wanding will also take place at the festival entry gates. Please note any bags larger than 30cm x 20cm will need to be stored at on our onsite Cloakroom at the festival entry gate (more on the Cloakroom plus banned items below).
At any time during the entry process if you have questions, ask for assistance from Festival Staff located at the front gates
On arrival at Download, please have your Ticket and acceptable ID ready to be checked.The festival is an e-ticket only event, so please ensure you have downloaded all your tickets well in advance and have the barcodes ready to scan before arriving at the site to avoid being denied entry. Tickets cannot be collected/printed at the venue.
There are two festival entrances at Download Melbourne. Both entrances include express entry RIP lanes in addition to disability access lanes.
Festival Entry 1 is located near the Flemington Train Station and is your best point of entry if coming by train or parking your car.
Festival Entry 2 is located off Epsom Road and is your best point of entry if coming by foot, tram or share ride.
On arrival at the Festival gates, please have your Ticket and acceptable ID ready to be checked. You can either print your PDF ticket or display it on your phone. It is imperative you receive your festival wristband at the Gate entry.
- Companion Card Policy
Holders of a National or State issued Companion card may request a companion ticket equivalent to the ticket type held by the Companion Card holder. Upon approval of request, Download Festival will issue companions a complimentary ticket to the event to accompany a person with disability.
To request a Companion Card ticket, please email [email protected] including the following details:
- Confirmation email from ticketing agent with proof of valid ticket to the event
- Scan of valid Companion Card
- Name of Companion
- Email address of Companion
Service Animals and other animals that provide assistance to patrons with disabilities are allowed at this event.
If you have any enquiries regarding disabled access and facilities at the festival, please contact [email protected]
- Lost & Found Policy
If you have lost something dear to you, all hope is not lost.
Crowdfind is an awesome web-based platform that allows you to log your lost item and make enquiries about that item in real time by logging your claim below.
For collection, you will have to make a claim for your item via the Crowdfind website and someone will get back to you.
Any items located and not collected during the event will incur a $15 postage fee payable via direct deposit.
If you have found something dear to someone else, please head to the Information Booth near Merch and Rare Records to drop it off and our wonderful team will do our best to return it to its’ owner.
Any lost property handed in over the festival will be held for 28 days after the event in our lost property department.
Any lost property not claimed by its rightful owner after 28 days will be disposed of in the following manner:
- Valuables (e.g. Identification, licences, credit cards) will be handed to the local Police Station.
- Clothing, and any other reusable non-valuable items in good order will be donated to local charities.
- All other items will be disposed of or destroyed.
- Market & Food Stalls
Applications for 2019 have closed. Thanks for your interest.
- Allowed and Banned Items
There will be a Police presence at Download Festival.
At Download Festival, common sense applies. This includes the requirement to ban some specific items so we can ensure general safety and patron comfort. The list is also in place to make sure we’re following the letter of the law. Here is a list of what you CAN & CAN’T bring into the festival.
- Backpacks (maximum bag size permitted is 30cm x 20cm)
- Small cameras
- Sunscreen will be available around the festival.
- Re-usable water bottles (no aluminium or glass)
- Studded fashion (ex. belts) is acceptable but again, common sense applies. If you can injure yourself with it, don’t wear it!
- Selfie sticks
- Milk crates
- Weapons of any kind
- Laser lights
- Water pistols
- Protest Paraphernalia incl. banners
- BYO alcohol from home
- Bags or backpacks larger than 30cm x 20cm
- No steel capped boots
- No studded belts
- No food. Exceptions will be made to people with allergies & medical conditions.
- Aerosol containers (including sunscreen and personal beauty products)
- Professional cameras or recording devices
- GoPro cameras
- Drones or any other remote flying device
- Totems, Flags, Banners
- Coolers of any kind (exceptions may be made for medical use)
- Glass and metal containers of any kind
- Fireworks, flares & sparklers (all strictly monitored)
- Illegal and Illicit substances of any kind
- Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Umbrellas (use raincoat, poncho instead)
- Radios or walkie-talkies
- Pets. This does not include Service Animals or other animals that provide assistance to patrons with disabilities.
- Skateboards, scooters and bicycles inside the festival
- Tents, canopies, or shade structures of any kind
- Unauthorized/unlicensed vendors are not allowed. No unauthorized solicitation and materials including handbills, flyers, stickers, beach balls, give-aways, samples, etc.
- No Chairs of any kind
- No Inflatable furniture (rafts, chairs, etc.)
Cloakroom facilities are available at the Festival entrance for a fee of $5 per cloaked item.
If you do bring a banned item to the event, you can cloak this item. You do not have to cloak your bag if it’s within the maximum bag size of 30cm x 20cm.
Be sure to keep checking the local weather as it is ever changing. No umbrellas are permitted due to safety so make sure you bring raincoats otherwise we have Download ponchos available at the merchandise tents. Download festival will proceed rain, hail or shine.
Empty plastic/reusable water bottles may be brought into the Venue for refilling from water stations. NO metal, glass or aluminium bottles will be allowed.
Free drinking water is available around the site and located on the patron map.
- Safety & Medical
Your safety is our priority and we make every effort to create a friendly and secure environment at the festival.
If you or anyone around you require first aid or assistance, please either make your way to a first aid tent or speak to the nearest security guard who can make radio contact with our medical team.
You can also call the Patron Safety Hotline on 1300 940 928. You will find signs showing this number and your nearest location around the site.
There are also Chill Out spaces located next to each medical tent in addition to ample shade and seating.
Have you downloaded your tickets yet?
The festival is an e-ticket only event, so please ensure you have downloaded all your tickets well in advance and have the barcodes ready to scan before arriving at the site to avoid being denied entry. Tickets cannot be collected/printed at the venue.
Follow these steps to access your tickets:
- Click here to access your My Ticketmaster account.
- Enter your email address and password in the appropriate fields and click "Log In".
- Under "My Tickets" select the order you wish to view. Click "More Order Details".
- Select the tickets you wish to download/print.
Have you used Ticket Forward to send tickets to friends?
If you have used Ticketmaster’s Ticket Forward feature to send festival tickets to friends, please ensure you remind them that they must accept your forwarded tickets and download/print them beforehand to avoid being denied entry at the venue.
Handy tips on how to send and receive Ticket Forward tickets can be found here. If you require further assistance with Ticket Forward, please click here to submit an enquiry and one of our friendly customer service agents will then be in contact with you.
Be careful of third party ticket sellers such as Viagogo and Stub Hub. The best way to avoid fraudulent ticket sales is by purchasing tickets from the Official Download website and links.
Tickets will be available at the gate for $199 General Admission, $315 RIP Sydney and $399 RIP Melbourne up until 9pm
There are dedicated express entry lanes and cloak rooms for RIP patrons at each of the festival entrances. You will receive your RIP Souvenir laminate on entry at the gate when you receive your wristband.
Please note you must be wearing BOTH wristband AND laminate to gain access to the exclusive RIP area.
Your RIP laminate includes your drink voucher that can be redeemed at the RIP bar with your Souvenir cup. Due to health and safety regulations, cups may not be reused at the bar, and can only be reused at the free water stations around the site.
Each RIP Melbourne Ticket Holder receives:
1 x Event Ticket to Download Festival Melbourne
Entry via dedicated RIP lanes
Dedicated RIP cloak room
Dedicated RIP viewing platform next to the Black/Red Stages (main stages) which includes:
Exclusive Download Festival official merchandise stand with some limited edition items
Exclusive Download RIP souvenir Laminate
Re-usable souvenir Download souvenir festival cup
One (1) complimentary drink
Exclusive fancy dunnies
Complimentary wifi and phone charging services
Shade and seating areas
- Disability Access
Disabled Parking: Limited disabled car parking is available at Flemington Racecourse. The car park is located on Leonard Crescent and is on a first come, first served basis
Special Access Entry Lane: There will be a special access entry lane at the festival entrances. Please ensure you use these lanes.
Special Access Viewing Platform: Is located at the Red and Black Stages Front of House area. You will be given a Special Access wristband on entry which will give you and your companion (if you have a Companion Card) access to the viewing platform. You must be registered with Download Customer Service [email protected] prior to the event.
Disabled Toilets:Are located around the site and marked on the patron map
- Contact Us
We are ready before, during, and after the festival to answer any questions you may have. Please be patient - we receive a large number of enquiries and will endeavour to answer your questions as soon as we can.
For all questions relating to ticket purchases, delivery, payment etc. please email Ticketmaster at [email protected] or call 136 100.
If you are interested in volunteering at Download please email [email protected]
For General enquiries please email [email protected]
OPTUS PERKS PRESALE – Exclusive Download pre-sale available to Optus customers, thanks to Optus Perks from 9am Friday September 21 2018 until 11.59pm Friday September 21 2018.
Optus Perks is about giving you the good stuff. There’s heaps of goodies like access to discounted movies, sport, competitions, pre-sales and events. Find out more at optusperks.com.au.
Jack Daniel's has been with the band since 1892, the year he opened two saloons on the Lynchburg town square – the White Rabbit and the Red Dog – he also formed a band. He knew that music had a way of bringing people together. Proudly joining all free spirits at Download this March. Jack Daniel's. Music's First Independent Label.
Like most good stories, ours started over a beer. Meeting on opposite sides of the bar, Richard Adamson and Oscar McMahon got talking over their love of beer and view that the Australian beer should be more adventurous, innovative and fun. By keeping things local, reducing environmental impact, and collaborating with likeminded, passionate, creative people, Young Henrys stands behind an unwavering vision to brew beer and distil spirits the local community loves and is proud to call their own.
My Crewmates, you’ve arrived at Download! Captain Morgan is stoked to be a part of your adventure this year, bringing you tasty drinks and good times with your mates. Whether it’s treasure or epic tunes you seek, you’ll find plenty of both with me, see you in the mosh pit!
Dive headfirst into a dystopian world devoid of society, law, and order. RAGE 2 is an open world full of insanity, delivering a carnival of carnage where you can go anywhere, shoot anything, and explode everything!
Made the Old School way. 80 Proof. Bold & Smooth as Hell.
Down To Test is taking the piss. Literally. Take a quick confidential STI test and get access to the exclusive V.I.Pee area, complete with free swag, charging docks, clean toilets and your chance to win Live Nation concert tickets!
- Merchandise Voucher
If you purchased a ticket prior to Ozzy Osbourne’s cancelation announcement on Tuesday 19 February at 5.00pm AEDT, then you can redeem your online merchandise voucher to the value of $45 from www.24hundred.net until Friday 8 March 2019 at 5.00pm AEDT. Vouchers can only be redeemed online until this date. They cannot be redeemed at the show.
For more information on how to redeem your voucher, head here.