- WHAT ARE THE DATES & VENUES FOR DOWNLOAD 2019
- Download Melbourne takes place at Flemington Racecourse on Monday 11 March 2019 (Labour Day Public Holiday).
- WHERE IS THE VENUE?
- Download Melbourne takes place at Flemington Racecourse, 448 Epsom Rd Flemington
- HOW DO I GET THERE?
Flemington Racecourse is only six kilometres from Melbourne’s CBD and is easily accessible by car, taxi, train or tram.
Flemington Racecourse and Showgrounds stations:
Trains run throughout the day, departing from Flinders Street Station, stopping at Southern Cross and North Melbourne Stations before arriving at Flemington Racecourse railway station.
Travel time is approximately 15 minutes.
Craigieburn Line: Trains run to Ascot Vale and Newmarket stations. Connect with a tram or bus to the racecourse and showgrounds.
Train timetables will be available online closer to the event.
The No. 57 tram runs from the corner of Elizabeth Street and Flinders Street directly to the Flemington Racecourse main gates.
Travel time is approximately 30 minutes.
The following bus routes travels close to the Racecourse:
Route 404 (Footscray – Moonee Ponds via Newmarket)
Route 472 (Williamstown – Moonee Ponds
Services will operate to a normal weekend timetable.
Please follow this link for all Public Transport Victoria timetables & info: www.ptv.vic.gov.au/news-and-events/events/public-transport-for-download-festival-melbourne-saturday-24-march-2018/
- CAN I DRIVE?
- Yes, however we strongly encourage ticket holders to catch public transport. There is limited parking available at Flemington Racecourse for a fee and is on first in, first served basis. More details to follow closer to the event.
- WHEN DO TICKETS GO ON SALE?
Optus Perks presale commences from 9am (AEDT) Friday 21 September 2019.
General sales commence from 9am (AEDT) Wednesday 26 September 2019
- IS THERE A LIMIT TO HOW MANY TICKETS I CAN BUY?
You can purchase up to 10 tickets per transaction for the presales and General Public onsale. Please note, you will be unable to book more than 10 tickets per Ticketmaster account.
- HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO PURCHASE A TICKET?
- There will be a time limit applied to all transactions as you progress through the ticket purchasing stages. Remember to keep an eye on the timer on your screen and move through the processing pages as quickly (but carefully) as possible. Hot tip to ensure you move through the purchase process quicker - create a Ticketmaster account prior to tickets going on sale!
- IS DOWNLOAD 18+?
Download Festival is strictly an 18+ event. No minors under the age of 18 are permitted. Valid photo ID is required to enter the event, purchase and/or consume alcohol.
- I NEED TO CONTACT SOMEONE ABOUT TICKETING?
- For all questions relating to ticket purchases, delivery, payment etc. please email Ticketmaster at [email protected] or call 136 100.
- WHAT PAYMENT METHODS ARE AVAILABLE?
- All major credit card payments are acceptable.
- CAN I PURCHASE TICKETS TO TWO DIFFERENT EVENTS IN THE ONE TRANSACTION?
- You can purchase the “Double Down” ticket which is for both Sydney and Melbourne events.
- DO I NEED AN OFFER CODE FOR THE OPTUS PRESALE? AM I GUARANTEED TICKETS?
If you’re an Optus customer, you don’t need to do anything, Optus will send ALL the presale information, including your Offer Code, to the email address attached to your Optus account!
This ticket allocation is strictly limited, so there is no guarantee of securing tickets. Some ticket types may sell out faster than others – so get in quick to avoid disappointment.
If you miss out on tickets, we encourage you to try again in the general public onsale at 9am (AEDT) Wednesday 26 September 2019.
- CAN I PURCHASE DIFFERENT TICKET TYPES IN ONE SINGLE TRANSACTION?
It is not possible to purchase different ticket types in one transaction.
- CAN I USE DOWNLOAD’S FACEBOOK TO TRY TO BUY OR SELL A TICKET?
- No! Any posts on our Facebook about buying and selling tickets will be removed. Tickets cannot be obtained through any other means, such as unauthorised ticket resellers (ie: Viagogo), Gumtree or by direct transfer from another individual.
- HOW MUCH ARE TICKETS?
General Admission tickets are $189 + BF
RIP Tickets (Sydney only) are $299 + BF
RIP Tickets (Melbourne only) are $379 + BF
Double Down(load) Tickets (for both Sydney & Melbourne) are $360 + BF
- HOW DO I AVOID BUYING FRAUDULANT TICKETS?
- Only purchase tickets through Download’s official ticketing partner Ticketmaster. Avoid unauthorised re-sellers and auction sites such as Viagogo, StubHub, Gumtree and eBay.
- WILL I GET IN TO DOWNLOAD WITH A FORGED TICKET?
- Any tickets to Download found to be tampered with or forged will not be valid.
- IF I CAN’T MAKE IT, CAN I GET A REFUND?
- There are no refunds on tickets except as required by the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice. Incorrect purchases DO NOT qualify for a refund. Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice
- DO I NEED A SPECIAL CODE FOR THE OPTUS PRE-SALE? AM I GUARANTEED TICKETS?
- Insert answer here please
- CAN I PURCHASE DIFFERENT TICKET TYPES IN ONE SINGLE TRANSACTION?
- Insert answer here please
- I ACCIDENTALLY PURCHASED TICKETS TO THE WRONG LOCATION; CAN I EXCHANGE THEM OR GET A REFUND?
- You must take care when selecting and purchasing tickets. Please be aware there are no refunds or exchanges on ticket purchases. Incorrect purchases DO NOT qualify for a refund.
- ARE WRISTBANDS EXCHANGEABLE, IE CAN I PASS MINE ONTO MY FRIEND IF I DON’T WANT TO STAY?
- No, wristbands are strictly non-transferable. Once your wristband is on, it should not be removed for the duration of the event. If you are found without a wristband you will be asked to leave the venue.
At The Event
- WHEN DOES DOWNLOAD OPEN & CLOSE?
Download Festival gates open from 11:00am and close at 10:00pm.
- IS THERE A PLACE TO STORE MY THINGS AT DOWNLOAD?
Yes Download Festival has Cloakrooms where you can store your things. All bags over the size of 30cm (l) x 20cm (w) x 5cm (d) will not be allowed into the event area so pack light. Any backpacks and bags larger than 30cm (l) x 20cm (w) x 5cm (d) must be stored at the Cloakroom prior to entering the festival.
- ARE YOU GOING TO ANNOUNCE MORE ACTS ON THE LINE UP?
- Yes! Stay tuned to our website and socials as Download Festival brings you more acts over the coming weeks!
- WHEN WILL PLAYING TIMES BE RELEASED?
- Full playing times will be released closer to the Festival date.
- WHAT FORM OF ID WILL I NEED AT THE FESTIVAL?
Below is a list of the acceptable Adult (18+) ID required to enter the festival;
• A driver’s or rider’s licence or permit (issued by an Australian State or Territory or any foreign country)
• Australian passport or a foreign passport issued by another country
• NSW photo card (issued by Roads and Maritime Services NSW)
• Proof of age card issued by a public authority of the Commonwealth or of another State or Territory for the purpose of attesting to a person’s identity and age
• Keypass (over 18) identity card issued by Australia Post. For over 18s, photocopied ID and student ID cards do not qualify nor do bills or letters.
- WHAT IF I LOSE MY ID BEFORE THE FESTIVAL?
- Get it replaced ASAP. You must have valid ID to enter the festival. It is a legal requirement. Even with a valid ticket, you will not be admitted without ID.
- WHAT ITEMS ARE ALLOWED & BANNED FROM DOWNLOAD?
Basic common-sense rules apply at Download so we can all have a good time. This includes banning certain items to guarantee general safety and comfort at the event and to ensure we also follow the letter of the law.
Bags will be searched and patrons will be ‘wanded’ by security before entering the Festival (similar to walking through a metal detector). This is for patron safety, so please be patient and ensure you’ve reviewed the Allowed & Banned Items list below before you arrive.
If you have brought a prohibited item, you can cloak it safely at our Cloak Room facility and collect them on your way out. Here is a list of what you CAN and CAN’T bring into the festival.
• Small backpacks – no larger than an A4 piece of paper and 5cm deep (30cm L x 20cm W x 5cm D)
• Small cameras • Sunscreen – this will also be available at locations around the festival including the Info Booth, Cloak Room and Medical Tent
• Specific bags to house essential medical items will be allowed into the event area.
• Large backpacks
•No BYO alcohol at all
•Aerosol containers (including sunscreen and personal beauty products)
•Professional cameras, video and audio recording devices, including GoPros, Drones or any other remote flying device
•Totems, flags or banners
•Coolers or eskies of any kind (exceptions may be made for medical use)
•Glass and metal containers of any kind
•Fireworks, flares or sparklers (all strictly monitored)
•Illegal and illicit substances of any kind
•Drugs or drug paraphernalia
•Umbrellas (please use a raincoat or poncho instead)
•Radios or walkie-talkies
•Pets – this does not include Service Animals or other animals that provide assistance too patrons with disabilities.
•Skateboards, scooters and bicycles inside the festival<
•Tents, canopies or shade structures of any kind
•Unauthorised/unlicensed vendors are not allowed. No unauthorized solicitation and materials including handbills, flyers, stickers, beach balls, give-aways, samples, etc.
•No chairs of any kind
•No inflatable anything (rafts, chairs, pineapples etc.)
•Weapons of any kind
•Protest Paraphernalia incl. banners
- WILL THERE BE ATM’S ON SITE?
- Yes. There will be ATM terminals at the Festival.
- WILL THERE BE VEGETARIAN, VEGAN & GLUTEN FREE OPTIONS?
- There sure will be! There will be a wide variety of vego, vegan and gluten free food options at Download Festival.
- CAN I BRING MY BAG TO DOWNLOAD?
- Small bags and backpacks no larger than the size of an A4 piece of paper are permitted. Bags larger than this must be cloaked at the Cloak Room. The maximum size dimensions are 30cm (L) x 20cm (W) x 5cm (D).
- IS THERE A MEDICAL CENTRE AT DOWNLOAD?
- Yes, we have a well-equipped Medical Centre with trained professionals and emergency services. Head there if you need any help.
- DO YOU HAVE SECURITY AND POLICE?
- There will be security and police present at the Festival and entrances to the Festival.
- IS THERE LOST AND FOUND AT DOWNLOAD?
- If you lose or find something during the Festival, head to the Information Booth where they can assist you.
- WILL MY BAG BE SEARCHED?
- Yes. Any bag entering the Festival will be subject to bag search.
After the Event
- I LEFT MY BAG IN THE CLOAK ROOM. I LOST MY WALLET. CAN YOU HELP ME?
Head to the Download website and follow the Lost & Found links. We have an online service that can help identify lost items.
Any lost property handed in over the festival will be held for 28 days after the event in our lost property department. Any lost property not claimed by its rightful owner after 28 days will be disposed of in the following manner:
• Valuables (e.g. Identification, licences, credit cards) will be handed to the local Police Station
• Clothing, and any other reusable non-valuable items in good order will be donated to local charities.
• All other items will be disposed of or destroyed.
- I FORGOT TO BUY MERCHANDISE. CAN I PURCHASE IT ONLINE?
- Any merchandise still available from the event will be available to purchase from the Download website.
- CAN I VOLUNTEER AT DOWNLOAD?
- We are looking for vollies with great attitudes who are enthusiastic and ready to work at Download Festival. Email us at [email protected] Please ensure you email us with your name, contact number and which city you would like to volunteer in. If you have skills or interest in a particular department, let us know! In return for your volunteering services, you will receive a ticket to Download.
Food & Markets
- HOW DO I APPLY FOR A FOOD OR MARKET STALL?
If you have a food or market stall you would like to pitch for Download, email us at [email protected]
Please ensure you include your name, business, a brief description, contact number and which city you are interested in. If the Festival is interested, we will contact you with an application form.
- CAN I GET SOME INFO ABOUT DISABLED ACCESS?
- Once you have secured your tickets, get in touch with us at [email protected]
- WHAT’S THE SITE LIKE FOR GETTING AROUND?
- Flemington Racecourse is an outdoor site mainly consisting of flat green fields, bitumen roads and concrete pathways. Like any outdoor field, terrain can be uneven and become muddy following rainfall.
- IS THERE PARKING CLOSE TO THE FESTIVAL SITE ENTRANCE FOR THOSE WITH DISABILITIES?
- Yes, there will be designated parking for Disabled Patrons close to the festival entrance, in addition to a Disabled Patron Pick Up and Drop Off area.
- COMPANION CARD POLICY
- Upon approval of request, Download Festival will issue Companions with a complimentary PDF ticket, equivalent to the ticket type held by the Companion Card holder. To request a Companion Card ticket, please email [email protected] and include the following details: • Confirmation email from ticketing agent with proof of valid ticket to the event • Scan of valid Companion Card • Name of Companion • Email address of Companion Service Animals and other animals that provide assistance to patrons with disabilities are allowed at this event. If you have any enquiries regarding companion cards and facilities at the festival, please contact [email protected]
- IS THERE AN APPLICATION FOR BANDS TO PLAY AT DOWNLOAD?
- No, all bands are hand-picked and curated by the Promoter. However, there is an opportunity via triple j Unearthed who give one Australian act the opportunity to perform at Download Festival.